Apply At The Right Time

Apply For eTA, P

We may help you in appealing your negative decision and will support you at all the stages of the process. Contact us now !!

An Electronic Travel
Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. An eTA is electronically linked to a traveller’s passport. It is valid for up to five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first.  If you get a 
new passport, you need to get a new eTA.

With a valid eTA, you can travel to Canada as often as you want for short stays (normally for up to six months at a time). You do not need an eTA for travel within Canada.

An eTA doesn’t guarantee entry to Canada. When you arrive, a border services officer will ask to see your passport and other documents – for example, a U.S. Green Card. You must convince the officer that you are eligible for entry into Canada.

There are four types of travellers:

  1. Travellers who need an eTA:
    • Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an eTA to fly to or transit through a
      Canadian airport. These travellers do not need an eTA when arriving by car, bus, train or boat (including a cruise ship).
    • Lawful permanent residents of the U.S. need an eTA to fly to or transit through a Canadian airport. They must present a valid Green Card and a valid passport at check-in.
  2. Travellers who may be eligible to apply for an eTA:
    • Citizens from select visa-required countries may be eligible to apply for an eTA, instead of a visa, to travel to Canada by air. However, these travellers need a visitor visa when arriving by car, bus, train, or boat, including a cruise ship.
  3. Travellers who cannot apply for an eTA and need to carry other identification:
    • Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, need a valid Canadian passport.
      American-Canadians can travel with a valid Canadian or U.S. passport.
    • Canadian permanent residents need a valid permanent resident card or permanent resident travel document.
      • Important
        – former residents of Canada:
         Permanent resident (PR) status does not expire. If you once lived in Canada many years agoyou could still have PR status.
    • Visa-required including alien’s passport holders and stateless individuals.
  4. Travellers who are exempt from the eTA requirement. For example:
    • U.S. citizens are exempt from the eTA requirement and must carry proper
      identification such as a valid U.S. passport.
    • Check the complete list of eTA exceptions.

You should apply for an eTA before you book your flight.


Apply For PR Card

Permanent residents must have a valid permanent resident card (PR card) or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada by plane, train, bus or boat. Without one, you may not be able to board.

Your PR card needs to be valid when you show it. If your card expires, you will have to apply for a new one. You are still a permanent resident if your card expires.

To be eligible for a PR card, you need to:

  • be a permanent resident, and
  • submit your application in Canada.

You should only apply for a PR card if:

  • your card has expired or will expire in less than 9 months
  • your card is lost, stolen, or destroyed
  • you didn’t receive your card within 180 days of immigrating to Canada
  • you need to update your card to:
    • legally change your name
    • change your citizenship
    • change your gender designation
    • correct your date of birth

Let's Talk


We are here to help achieve your Canadian dream

Our expert RCIC provides you the best visa option and determines perfect documentation meticulously to avoid any delays in positive outcomes. We help and guide you through all the stages of your immigration process. Let’s connect to discuss your options.

Contact Us Now

By Appointment Only
Unit 202-E 7337, 137 St, Surrey, BC, Canada V3W1A4
+1 (343) 333 3264

Send Your Query

Contact Us Now

By Appointment Only
Unit 202-E 7337, 137 St, Surrey, BC, Canada V3W1A4
+1 (343) 333 3264

Send Your Query